Weekly diary #96: Doing a small room-makeover with secondhand stuff

Hi, I’m back with a new weekly diary! I hadn’t posted one in two weeks because I went on a holiday and I wasn’t in the mood to write there. I could’ve posted something last week, but that would have been a half weekly diary and I don’t like half work. So, here I am. Back with a full weekly diary. The past week I did a small room-makeover with secondhand stuff, went to the biggest flee market in our region and barbecued vegan. Want to read along?


Yesterday I went to a pub quiz with my friends and so today I decided to sleep long. After that I went straight to my part-time job so I didn’t do much today. Handball training was cancelled which was a bummer to me, it was supposed to be my last training and now I didn’t really get to say goodbye. I don’t know much about the future, but my guess is that I’ll be back playing handball again in February.



When I wanted to go to the gym to start the day, the gym card was already gone since mom had gone already. I had to wait. Meanwhile I made some phone calls. In my last weekly diary I told you guys that I had handed in my thesis. During my holiday I got a call from school, I had failed my thesis. That was a big disappointment. A real slap in the face. I have grieved over it for a while but now it’s time to focus on what’s next. I can hand it in again in August and if I pass it, I will still be able to start the premaster I got admitted for. It’s a complex process, but the phone calls helped. After that I went to the gym and worked at my part-time job. At night, my nieces and I went to grandma to catch up, I hadn’t seen her in a while.


I worked at my part-time job till 10 am and so I had a long day off. I went to a friend which I hadn’t seen for a long time. During my thesis I failed to make time for this friendship and I regret that now. I won’t let school get the overhand again. It was a fun day, we went to get some vegan ice cream in the city. It was not entirely vegan, since the cone has a tiny but of butter in it sometimes (you can never be sure, the shops are never sure). But I take that for granted since it is zero waste this way. I can also get the ice cream in a cup with a plastic spoon but I don’t want the waste. Sometimes I take my own cup and spoon, then it is vegan and zero waste. But when I forget this is what I do. After that I laid in bed watching Netflix the rest of the day, I was tired.


I got up quite early to go to the gym, since I had some things planned for today. After that, a friend and my niece picked me up to go to the biggest flee market in our region! Hello thrift haul! It was indeed massive, but so much fun. I bought three things, a big glass jar for storage, a skirt and something for up my wall. The thing for my wall costed me 3,50 euros, the skirt 2 euros and the jar 1 euro. The flee market was at a closed down airport. Something so horrible for the environment turned into something amazing for the environment! After that I celebrated my brother’s birthday with the family with a barbecue. I had the beyond meat burgers, which were good but not worth the 6 euros I paid for them. They’re just as good as any other meat replacer. It was a good vegan barbecue for me.



Today it was time for a long day at my part-time job. I worked till 6 pm and after that I had an appointment and the blood bank to donate some plasma. My health was very good and so I got to do it. Giving plasma gives me a good feeling, I am saving other people’s lives. Also, I get some me time since it takes me about an hour to give 500ml.



Today I was free from my part-time job and so I planned on doing some chores which are on my to-do list. I had some driving lessons first and they are coming to an end soon. 29 July is my exam and I hope I pass it, we’ll see. If you want to know why I’ve decided to get my driver’s license, you can read that here. I did some things I wanted to do for Loose, since I have a big project coming up. Also, I am making a sign for on my bike, to do a little marketing while I bike through the city. All the things I used for the sign are stuff I still had in my drawer.



Today I got up early again to go to the gym. After that I prepared some school work, I have an appointment today with my teacher for feedback. It’s crucial for my resit. During lunchtime I brought some stuff to the secondhand shop to sell them. The two shelves from my wall which fell off a while ago, a cooking book which I don’t use since it’s vegetarian, a set of chalk which I never used, my clock since I can also see what time it is on my alarm and a set of horse supplies which were in a box  I bought at a thrift shop a while back. I just needed the box the stuff came in, but I had to buy the supplies with it. I hope they sell. While I was there I bought some new things for myself too (well, secondhand). Two paintings for up my wall. Also, I bought two other things for up the wall as well, but not for me. For a friend, which I know is looking for those. I texted him to made sure he really wanted them and he did. I went to school for the feedback and at night I went to the pub quiz we also went to last week. We liked it, so why not do it again?


How has your week been? Did you make any positive impact?

Yours sincerely,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s